EKURA 2015-2016 Meetings, Trips, & Food/Drink Events
Meetings are scheduled every other month - with tours, trips, and food/drink events scheduled during alternate months.
(Additional events and/or details may be added later. Check back often.)
The schedule is also available as a downloadable PDF file.
All meetings and programs will begin at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, Richmond, KY (unless otherwise noted). EKURA members and guests are encouraged to arrive early and order lunch before the speakers are introduced.
(If Madison County Schools are closed on EKURA meeting days, meetings will be held the following week at the same time and place.)
- Tuesday, August 18 - Guest Speakers will be: 1) Dr. Frank O'Connor, EKU Professor of Economics and member of Governor Beshear's Consensus Forecasting Group, will be the guest speaker. Topic: Information on Kentucky's economic status; and 2) Christine Tuveson, EKU Director of Development, Topic: Mentoring opportunities and partnerships. [REMEMBER: to bring school supplies to donate to the students in Johnson County.]
- Tuesday, October 20 - Janie Caslowe, Deputy Executive Director, Kentucky Retired Teachers Association (KRTA), will be the guest speaker. Topic: Information on KRTA's legislative lobby efforts to support retirees' benefits.
- Tuesday, December 15 - Christmas luncheon @ 11:30am (LOCATION: Arlington House). EKU President Michael Benson has been invited to speak. Reservations can be made by sending a check for $20 per person (payable to EKURA) to Pat Ridgley, 128 Buckwood Drive, Richmond, KY 40475 by December 4 or call 623-3527.
- Tuesday, February 16 - Steve Lochmueller, EKU Athletics Director, will be the guest speaker. Topic: Update on EKU Athletics.
- Tuesday, April 19 - Courtney Mangione, Retiree Health Care Counselor, KTRS, will be the guest speaker. Topic: Updates on Health Care Coverage for KTRS Retirees.
- Tuesday, June 21 - Gina Noe, Madison County Extension Service, will be the guest speaker. Topic: Activities for retirees.
All trips will depart from Peddler’s Mall at 9:00 a.m. unless otherwise noted. Riders will share expenses with drivers. Details on all trips will be announced at the preceeding regular meeting.
- Saturday, August 15 - Pops at the Park, Richmond. [Food/Drink Event]
- Wednesday, September 16 - Belle of Louisville cruise (lunch on boat) & Slugger Museum [Trip]
- Thursday, October 22 - Lunch at Bluebird Cafe, 202 W. Main St., Standord, KY [Food/Drink Event]
- Thursday, November 19 - Tour of Ephraim McDowell House and Burke's Bakery and then on to Harrodsburg for lunch at Belmont Inn (Danville and Harrodsburg). [Trip]
- January (date: TBD) - Possible lunch at Boone Tavern, Berea [Food/Drink Event]
- February (date: TBD) - Possible lunch at Boone Tavern, Berea [Food/Drink Event]
- Thursday, March 17 - Tour WKYT Television Station, 2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, KY; Tour Ale 8 One Factory, 25 Carol Road Winchester, KY; Tour Bluegrass Heritage Museum , 217 South Main Street, Winchester, KY; Lunch at Windy Corners Market and Restaurant, 4595 Bryan Station Road, Lexington, KY (SEE: Itinerary) [Trip]
- Tuesday, May 17 - Tour of Thomas Walker Home; lunch and tour at Union College; and Tour of Cumberland Gap National Park (Barbourville and Cumberland Gap) [Trip]
- Thursday, June 16 - The Glitz, Irish Acres Gallery, 4205 Ford's Mill Road, Versailles, KY [Food/Drink Event]
- Wednesday, July 6 thru Friday, July 8 - Tour of Abraham Lincoln Museum, home and burial monument in Springfield, Illinois. (Two night stay in Springfield, Illinois) [Trip]
TRIPS: For additional information on the trips, contact Charles Hay, email@example.com or 859-624-2760.
FOOD/DRINK EVENTS: For additional information on the food/drink events, contact Ron Wolfe, firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-623-5088.
Curious about last year's events? Check out our 2014-2015 schedule.
Published on August 07, 2015