EKURA 2016-2017 Meetings, Trips, & Food/Drink Events
Meetings are scheduled every other month - with tours, trips, and food/drink events scheduled during alternate months.
(Additional events and/or details may be added later. Check back often.)
The schedule is also available as a downloadable PDF file.
All meetings and programs will begin at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, Richmond, KY (unless otherwise noted). EKURA members and guests are encouraged to arrive early and order lunch before the speakers are introduced.
(If Madison County Schools are closed on EKURA meeting days, meetings will be held the following week at the same time and place.)
- Tuesday, August 16 - The Thriving Madison County Arts Scene: a panel discussion with Shawn LaDouceur, Center for the Arts; Debbie Kidd, RAAC; and Gwen Childs, Berea Arts Council.
- Tuesday, October 18 - Guest speakers will be Jane Gilbert, KTRS Health Insurance Coordinator, and Don Hines, KRTA legislative contact.
- Tuesday, December 20 - Christmas luncheon @ 11:30am (LOCATION: Arlington House). EKU President Michael Benson has been invited to speak. Reservations can be made by sending a check (amount: TBD) (payable to EKURA) to Pat Ridgley, 128 Buckwood Drive, Richmond, KY 40475 or call 623-3527.
- Tuesday, February 21 - Guest speaker will be Ron Crouch, former Kentucky state demographer
- Tuesday, April 18 - Guest speaker will be David McFadden, Eastern's Vice President of Engagement, Regional Stewardship and Government Relations who will explain how EKU lobbys in the State Legislature.
- Tuesday, June 20 - Guest speakers will be Betina Gardner, Dean of EKU Libraries, and Roger Duval, manager of WEKU-FM.
All trips will depart from Peddler’s Mall at 9:00 a.m. unless otherwise noted. Riders will share expenses with drivers. Details on all trips will be announced at the preceeding regular meeting.
- Saturday, August 27 - Pops at the Park, Richmond. [Food/Drink Event]
- Tuesday, September 20 - Tour Capt. Jack Jouett House in Versailles, lunch at 12:30 at the Science Hill Inn in Shelbyville, and optional shopping at the Outlet Mall in Simpsonville. [Trip]
- Tuesday, November 8 - Tour First Vineyard Winery (US's First Commercial Vineyard) in Jessamine County and Waveland State Historic Site in Fayette County. (Departure will be at 10am) [Trip]
- Tuesday, March 21 - Tour of Louisville's Museum Row (travel as a group to Louisville and then travelers will be on their own to visit downtown museums such as: Frazier History Museum, the Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft, the Kentucky Science Center, the Evan Williams Bourbon Experience, the Louisville Slugger Museum, the Muhammad Ali Center, or the Speed Art Museum on U of L's campus) meet for lunch at 12:30pm at the Old Spaghetti Factory. After lunch continue tour. [Trip]
- Tuesday, April (Day: TBD) - Tour of Marksberry Farm in Stanford which supplies The Bluebird Cafe´ with lunch there. [Trip]
- Tuesday, May 16 - Tour Fish Hatchery and Wolf Creek Dam in Jamestown, lunch at Lake Cumberland State Park, and visit to an Old Rock House at Creelsboro on the Cumberland River. [Trip]
- Tuesday, July 18 - Tour the Rosemary Clooney House in Augusta, lunch at the Parkview Country Inn. After lunch tour of downtown Augusta. [Trip]
Other lunches may be scheduled throughout the year and announced at our meetings.
Curious about last year's events? Check out our 2015-2016 schedule.
Published on August 28, 2016