EKURA 2017-2018 Meetings, Trips, & Food/Drink Events
Meetings are scheduled every other month - with tours, trips, and food/drink events scheduled during alternate months.
(Additional events and/or details may be added later. Check back often.)
The schedule is also available as a downloadable PDF file.
All meetings and programs will begin at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, Richmond, KY (unless otherwise noted). EKURA members and guests are encouraged to arrive early and order lunch before the speakers are introduced at noon.
(If Madison County Schools are closed on EKURA meeting days, meetings will be held the following week at the same time and place.)
- Tuesday, August 22 - Guest speaker Bob Wagner, retiring KRTA Executive Director.
- Tuesday, October 17 - Guest speaker Jane Gilbert, KTRS Insurance Director.
- Thursday, December 14 - Christmas luncheon with President and Mrs. Michael Benson @ 11:30am (LOCATION: American Legion Hall, 550 South Keeneland Drive). (catered event, approximately $20) (payable to EKURA - send check to Pat Ridgley, 128 Buckwood Drive, Richmond, KY 40475 or call 623-3527.)
- Tuesday, February 20 - Guest speaker Betina Gardner, EKU Chief Information Officer and Dean of Libraries
- Tuesday, April 17 - Guest speaker Tim Abrams, new Executive Director of KRTA.
- Tuesday, June 19 - Guest speaker Lori Farris, KY Attorney General's Office, "Scams and How They Affect Retirees".
For additional information on the meetings, contact Fawn Conley at firstname.lastname@example.org; 859-582-3320.
All trips will depart from Peddler’s Mall at 9:00 a.m. unless otherwise noted. Riders will share expenses with drivers. Details on all trips will be announced at the preceeding regular meeting.
- Tuesday, September 19 - Tour of Claiborne Farm (cost: $17), lunch at the Thyme Restaurant or Lil's Coffee Place (on your own), tour of Cane Ridge Revival Historical Site (donations), and tour of ColorPoint bedding plant facility (FREE). [Trip]
- Tuesday, November 14 - Tour Asbury University, Olympics Student Media Display [Trip]
- Tuesday, March 20 - Tour of Old Friends Racehorse Retirement Farm (cost: $5-$10), lunch in Midway at Holly Hill or Wallace Station (to be determined). [Trip]
- Tuesday, May 15 - Tour McConnell Springs (FREE), lunch at Nick Bryan's, tour of John Hunt Morgan House and/or Bodley Bullock House (small entrance fee). [Trip]
- Tuesday, July 17 - Tour the Aviation Museum of Kentucky (cost: $6), lunch at Brasabama Cuban Cuisine. [Trip]
Other lunches may be scheduled throughout the year and announced at our meetings.
Curious about events from previous years?
Published on August 14, 2017