EKURA 2013-2014 Meetings, Trips, & Food/Drink Interest Group Activities
Meetings are scheduled every other month - with tours and trips scheduled during alternate months.
All meetings and programs, except for two, will begin at 11:30 a.m. at Gillum’s in the Richmond Mall. EKURA members and guests are encouraged to arrive early and order lunch before the speakers are introduced.
(If Madison County Schools are closed on EKURA meeting days, meetings will be held the following week at the same time and place.)
- Tuesday, August 21 - Sarah Lawson, a KTRS employee will discuss changes to the Medicare system and new information on prescription drugs.
- Tuesday, October 15 - Wanda Gilbert will showcase living arrangement options available at Morning Pointe, a local assisted living facility. The meeting will be held at Morning Pointe; lunch and a tour will be provided.
- Monday, December 16 - Christmas luncheon at the Heritage House Bed and Breakfast. Incoming EKU President Michael Benson has been invited to share his vision for EKU with the association. Reservations can be made by sending a check for $15 per person (payable to EKURA) to Pat Ridgley, 128 Buckwood Drive, Richmond, KY 40475).
(NOTE: Hats, gloves, and scarves will be collected for the Salvation Army.)
- Tuesday, February 18 - Presentation by Tonya Broell, a Humana Insurance representative who will speak on fitness and Humana's wellness program.
- Tuesday, April 15 - Local legislative representatives Rita Smart, Jared Carpenter, and Jonathan Shell will bring members up-to-date on happenings in the state legislature.
- Tuesday, June 17 - Speakers will have information on identify theft, including how to prevent it and what to do if it happens to you.
For additional information on the meetings, contact Fawn Conley, email@example.com or 859-582-3320.
Officers involved in planning the 2013-14 programs were Ron Wolfe, past president; Fawn Conley, president; JoAnna Dickey, past secretary; and Tammy Taylor, Office of Development liaison.
- Tuesday, September 17 - Lunch at Boone Tavern, Berea College Crafts, Kentucky Artisan Center
(DEPARTURE: 9am from Peddler's Mall in Richmond)
- Tuesday, November 19 - Breaks Interstate Resort Park (overnight trip) and touring Pikeville (SEE: Schedule for detailed information.)
- Tuesday, March 18 - Muhammad Ali & Slugger Museums, lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory
- Tuesday, May 20 - Battle of Richmond tour, White Hall State Shrine, lunch at Hall's on the River
- Tuesday, July 15 - Coal Mining Museum, Benham, KY, lunch in Cumberland at Charlotte's Hoagies
All trips will depart from Peddler’s Mall at 9:30 a.m. unless otherwise noted. Riders will share expenses with drivers. Details on all trips will be announced at the preceeding regular meeting.
For additional information on the trips, contact Charles Hay, firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-624-2760.
- Saturday, August 24 - Pops at the Park
- Thursday, September 26 - Snug Hollow Bed and Breakfast
- Saturday, October 5 - Tailgating at the EKU-APU game (CANCELLED due to weather!)
- Thursday, November 7 - Beaumont Inn in Harrodsburg (NOTE date change from 11-5 to 11-7)
- Tuesday, January 21 - Boone Tavern
- Thursday, March 27 - Greentree Tearoom in Lexington (lunch is approx. $25 per person)
- Tuesday, May 13 - Holly Hill Inn in Midway
- Tuesday, June 24 - Woodford Reserve
- Friday, July 4 - Lake Reba Fireworks Celebration
For more information, contact Ron Wolfe, email@example.com or 859-623-5088.
Published on September 05, 2013