EKURA 2014-2015 Meetings, Trips, & Food/Drink Interest Group Activities
Meetings are scheduled every other month - with tours and trips scheduled during alternate months.
(Additional events and/or details may be added later.)
All meetings and programs, except for two, will begin at 11:30 a.m. at Gillum’s in the Richmond Mall. EKURA members and guests are encouraged to arrive early and order lunch before the speakers are introduced.
(If Madison County Schools are closed on EKURA meeting days, meetings will be held the following week at the same time and place.)
- Tuesday, August 19 - Jane Gilbert, Director of Retiree Health Care at KTRS (ph: 800-618-1687) will discuss changes for health care beginning January, 2015.
- Tuesday, October 21 - Q and A session with Madison County State Representatives and State Senator.
- Tuesday, December 16 - Christmas luncheon (LOCATION: Churchill Group in Berea, KY). EKU President Michael Benson has been invited to speak. Reservations can be made by sending a check for $17 per person (payable to EKURA) to Pat Ridgley, 128 Buckwood Drive, Richmond, KY 40475). (See: Directions to Churchill Group)
- Tuesday, February 17 - Presentation by Frank O'Connor, Economist and Member of Kentucky Economic Forecast Group.
- Tuesday, April 21 - Presentation by Betina Gardner and Rusty Carpenter on EKU's new library addition (LOCATION: Noel Center for Creativity, EKU Library at 10am). Lunch will be provided in the Library. Charles Hay will lead an historical campus tour after lunch.
- Tuesday, June 16 - Presentation by Todd Jones, CEO, Baptist Health Richmond. After lunch and presentation at Gillum's, tours will be offered at Baptist Health Richmond to see the new renovations. (Also at this meeting will be the election of new officers for next year.)
- Tuesday, September 16 - Mary Todd Lincoln/Ashland, the Henry Clay Estate, Lexington, KY. Lunch at The Julep Cup Restaurant. (joint TRIP/FOOD event)
- Wednesday, November 12 - Muhammad Ali & Frazier Arms Museums, lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory
- Tuesday, March 17 - West 6th Street Brewery, Lexington, KY and lunch at Smithtown Seafood. (joint TRIP/FOOD event)
- Tuesday, May 19 - Clermont County Ohio Tourism, Batavia, OH (Home of Ulysses S. Grant). Host will be Mark Calitri, Executive Director, Clermont County OH Tourism Association
(DEPARTURE: 8am from Peddler's Mall in Richmond)
- Tuesday, July 21 - National Museum of the US Air Force, 5717 Huberville Ave., Riverside, OH. Lunch will be at the museum
(DEPARTURE: 7am from Peddler's Mall in Richmond)
All trips will depart from Peddler’s Mall at 9:00 a.m. unless otherwise noted. Riders will share expenses with drivers. Details on all trips will be announced at the preceeding regular meeting.
For additional information on the trips, contact Charles Hay, firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-624-2760.
- Tuesday, September 16 - Lunch at The Julep Cup Restaurant and tour of Mary Todd Lincoln/Ashland, the Henry Clay Estate, Lexington, KY. (joint TRIP/FOOD event)
- Tuesday, March 17 - Lunch at Smithtown Seafood. and tour of West 6th Street Brewery, Lexington, KY. (joint TRIP/FOOD event)
For more information, contact Ron Wolfe, email@example.com or 859-623-5088.
Curious about last year's events? Check out our 2013-2014 schedule.
Published on September 03, 2014